Over the years there have been kinks that I wholeheartedly threw myself into and absolutely hated (bootblacking). There’s ones I was sure I would loathe but ended up loving (spitting) and there are some that just wormed their way through my kinky cracks, like ASMR that I haven’t been able to stop being fascinated with.
Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a physical sensation characterised by a pleasurable, static-like tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp and moves down the neck and spine. People participating in it can receive a number of benefits from listening ranging from relaxation, auditory stimulation, arousal, de-stressing, concentration, or just fantasy fulfillment depending on the topic. It’s akin to getting goosebumps and just happens to be a very popular pastime for many people, vanilla and kink alike. It is commonly triggered by a variety of things such as:
- Soft voices
- Accented voices
- Slow speech patterns, certain accents, soft-speaking voices and whispers.
- Lip sounds/smacking/eating/drinking/gulping
- Clicking sounds, brushing sounds, white noise, etc.
- Painting/drawing; hand movements that can be heard
- Personal attention focused speaking (eye-exam, makeover, massage, etc.)
- Ambient sounds
- Instructional videos
- Roleplay/books/script reading
- Watching other people performing simple tactile tasks such as tinkering or knitting
- Haircuts, people playing with your hair
This is such a small list of all the things that can give you colloquially “head tingles”. I recognize that I like both receiving and giving this type of play, but lean more towards the giving because it allows my creative side to be flexed verbally and with objects. I’ve also coupled it with erotic hypnosis to elevate its effect and have been pleased with the results. I always say this is actually one fetish that cannot be described, you just have to experience it. Are you feeling adventurous?
If you, please enjoy a piece of ASMR I recorded for you all, it’s called: Sadistic Spa (but don’t worry, it’s not really that sadistic!), use headphones if possible for optimal volume with an enhanced and more personalized experience.